Plenty of idiots still out there
It seems there are still idiots on our roads, if this snapshot of the past few days across NSW is anything to go by. Have a good read of what’s been happening since late last week . . . comments most welcome.
- About 9.55am today (Monday 18 January 2016), police detected a white Honda Prelude allegedly travelling south on Alfords Point Road at 174km/h in an 80km/h zone. The driver was stopped and charged with driving in a manner dangerous and exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. His licence was also suspended and he will appear at Sutherland Local Court on 18 February 2016.
- About 5.20am today, a 23-year-old man from Macquarie Fields was stopped on the M7 at Prestons after his speed was checked at 147km/h. The driver was a red P1 licence-holder restricted to 90km/h. He was issued with a penalty notice for exceed speed by more than 45km/h, his licence suspended and number plates seized.
- About 6.10pm yesterday (Sunday 17 January 2016), a 54 year-old Sylvania Waters man in a Lamborghini was allegedly travelling on Captain Cook Bridge at 163km/h in a sign-posted 80km/h zone. A toddler was in the vehicle at the time. He was issued a penalty notice for exceed speed by more than 45km/h and his licence was seized and suspended for six months.
- Between 6pm and 8pm on Saturday (15 January 2016), four motorists were stopped for allegedly exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h. All drivers received a penalty notice for exceed speed by more than 45km/h and had their licences suspended. Two of the drivers were the registered owners and their number plates were seized.
- Later that same evening, a woman was detected on Captain Cook Drive, Cronulla allegedly travelling at 111km/h in a 60km/h zone. She was stopped and issued an infringement for exceed speed over 45km/h, a licence suspension notice, and her plates confiscated.
- On Friday (15 January 2016) at 3.30pm, a 47-year-old woman from Kellyville in a Kia Rio on Nelson Road at Box Hill was stopped by police following reports from concerned members of the public. She later returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.268 and will appear in Windsor Local Court on 28 January 2016 charged with high-range drink driving.
- About 9.40pm on Friday, police were performing stationary RBT on Burraneer Bay Road, Cronulla, when they observed a Ford utility turn off prior to the site onto Excelsior Road, which is no-through road. Police caught up to the driver and allegedly observed him mounting a gutter while trying to park. While speaking to police, the vehicle allegedly began to roll down the street with the driver, a 42-year-old man from Cronulla, failing to put the brakes on. The man later returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.258 and will appear in Sutherland Local Court on 11 February 2016 charged with high-range drink driving.