Energising enterprise in Barwon
Small business communities in the Barwon electorate are set to benefit from $292,726 of funding from the Murray Darling Basin Regional Economic Diversification Programme’s Energise Enterprise Fund.
Touring the electorate last week to present the funding, member for Barwon Kevin Humphries said 13 projects have received funding and these projects will bring economic development and diversity to the region.
“The Energise Enterprise Fund is supporting the community by contributing funding to projects that improve economic well-being and encourage sustainable local economies,” Mr Humphries said.
“Initiatives include capability building projects which support local businesses through specialist training and education.
“The fund also invests in economic development studies and projects which look at how different initiatives could aid the local business community.
“Each project will create opportunities for our local businesses and collectively I expect them to really inspire and engage the community.”
Minister for Regional Development, Skills and Small Business, John Barilaro said the Energise Enterprise funding will help create new jobs and strengthen and diversify communities affected by the Murray-Darling Basin Plan.
“The NSW Government is dedicated to helping regional businesses and entrepreneurs and we are supporting local businesses and empowering our regional communities to ensure they succeed,” said Mr Barilaro.
The full list of successful projects includes:
- Warren Shire Council: Enhancing and Sustaining Small Business in Warren – $23,041
- Warren Shire Council: Regional Platters – $20,000
- RiverSmart Australia: Destination Macquarie Marshes – $25,000
- Cobar Shire Council: Marketing Cobar Businesses – $11,910
- Regional Development Australia Far West: Renew the Far West – $25,000
- Broken Hill Chamber of Commerce: Energising the Regional Event and Tourism Industry – $22,200
- Coonamble Chamber of Commerce: Joint Visual Merchandising & Marketing Training – $13,000
- Coonamble Neighbourhood Centre Inc: Energy Assessor and Retrofit Training – $17,500
- Lachlan Shire Council: Lachlan Economic Development Strategy – $25,000
- Foundation Broken Hill Limited: Business Mentoring and Development – $40,000
- Broken Hill Art Exchange Inc: The Kitchen Gallery Program – $24,575
- Coonamble Shire Council: Economic Development Activation Plan – $22,500
- Coonamble Shire Council: Coonamble Digital Capability Building Program – $23,000