16yo in custody in Moree following pursuit of a stolen vehicle
A TEENAGER is in custody following the pursuit of a stolen vehicle in Moree yesterday.
Shortly before 1pm yesterday (Thursday 29 September 2016), officers attached to Barwon Local Area Command attempted to stop a Mitsubishi Pajero on Edward Street that had been identified as stolen.
The driver allegedly failed to stop and a pursuit was initiated.
The pursuit continued north through the township before being terminated at Balo Street.
The local boy was arrested and conveyed to Moree Police Station where he was been charged with these offences and also for his alleged involvement in:
• Possession of goods stolen from a vehicle in Moree on Thursday 15 September 2016;
• Use of a stolen vehicle engaged in a Police pursuit at Moree on Saturday 17 September 2016;
• Fraudulent use of credit cards at a Moree business on Sunday 18 September 2016;
• Theft of property from a business in Frome Street Thursday 29 September 2016;
• Theft, fraud and entering a vehicle at a business in Frome Street Thursday 29 September 2016; and
• Possession of prohibited drugs.
He remains bail refused pending an appearance at Moree Bail Court sometime later today.
Investigations into the matter are continuing and anyone with information that could assist police is urged to come forward.
Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/
Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.